If you would like me to come and speak at your organization, either digitally or in person, please see the instructions below.
The Magi Star!
Diligent readers of this blog know that I know exactly what the Star of Bethlehem is. For this reason, I offer myself as an expert speaker about precisely what the Magi Star was, what it looked like, and how the Magi followed it. (Note: the Magi Star is, both appearances of the “Star in the East” and the “Star of Bethlehem” recorded in in Matthew 2). All of this is original research that is not published anywhere.
If you are not a diligent reader of this blog, but are curious, I have written some things hinting at my discovery in the following posts:
- Are You Sure You Know Joseph’s Hometown?
- The Massacre of the Innocents in Recorded History
- Why was Joseph Afraid of Archelaus?
- The Adoration of the Magi and the Waters Above the Firmament
However, these are the outer edges of why I have actually found in my research. If I get an hour to an hour and a half of your time, I can share:
- What “the star” Magi saw was
- What led the Magi to go to Jerusalem
- How Herod calculated the age of the Christ child
- What the star did to lead the Magi to a particular house
- A coherent chronology of Matthew 1-2 and Luke 1-2
- An approximate date of when Jesus was born
- How this is reflected, even in non-biblical history.
A documentary on the subject is in the works. Therefore, if you are a filmmaker, bible scholar, seminary student, astronomer, ophthalmologist, ancient historian, astronomer, or have some other relevant expertise that would be relevant to my Magi Star research, I invite you to confidentially review my work, ask questions, or give feedback. If you like what you see, we may be able to work together on this matter. Serious offers only, please. No, this is not a joke, and yes, I am totally serious.
However, in the meantime, I will gladly come and speak to your church or ministry organization about exactly what I have found. Using open-source astronomy data, ancient sources in the public domain, and Google Earth (yes, Google Earth), I can show you exactly what happened, and show you the evidence so that individuals in you congregation can explain it, too.
If this interests you, please send me a message using the link below. I am willing to provide a relevant point-person (pastor, student club leader, etc.) with a confidential preview of my research. Using that, we can discuss the terms of a speaking engagement.
All Other Requests
Finally, if something really captured your attention on this blog, and you would like me to talk about it to your organization, I am willing to do so. Topics include:
- How the Planets Got Their Names
- The Planets Mentioned in Scripture
- The Astronomical Subjects in the Book of Job
- How the Sun Stopped in the Middle of the Sky in Joshua 10
- What a Spirit is in the Bible
- How the Genealogies of the Gospels Fit Together
- The Chronology of Ezra Nehemiah and Esther
- Getting Our Minds Around How Weird (and How True) the Story of Noah Is
- Many, many more subjects
I am available to appear both in-person and via Zoom with negotiable rates.